Facts About Mobile and Smartphone Users
- Did you know there are 5.9 Billion mobile subscribers in the whole world today!
- In the US Smartphone users have passed the 100 Million subscribers mark in January 2012, according to ComScore.
- Over 90% of mobile users have Internet access active on their phones and consumers prefer mobile browsers to apps for most mobile activities.
- According to Google Mobile searches have grown 4X in the last year alone and 1 out of 7 searches are mobile with 1 in 3 searches looking for local businesses.
- About 30% of the searches on mobile phones are for Restaurants or Bar & Grill businesses.
- 61% of mobile searches for a business ends up getting called with about 59% actually visiting the business.
- Smartphone users like to shop and 79% of them use their phone to help them shop.
- 71% of smartphone users will get more info after seeing a TV ad, print ad or an online ad.
- By 2013 there will be more mobile and smartphone owners than PC owners.
- In 2012 there will be billions of dollars spent via a mobile device.
- Mobile retail to reach $12 billion by 2014. Juniper Research
- 27% of US mobile users have tapped on their screen for a mobile ad.
- More than 100 million users interact with Facebook via a mobile device. Facebook
- Coupon redemption on mobile phone are 10 times more likely to be used than traditional coupons.
- B2B mobile marketing to grow from $26 million in 2009 to $106 million in 2014.
Should I go on with the Facts about Mobile and Smartphone Users?
Do you think that a dedicated mobile website would help your business grow?
Other articles about Mobile User Facts
Interesting facts on mobile device usage in 2011 earthwakeup.com
Posts Related to Interesting facts on mobile device usage in 2011 More mobile device users access social network. A recent study suggests an increase of internet mobile device users in US access social networking sites
Facebook Mobile Climbs to 432 Million Users WebProNews
Facebook Mobile Climbs to 432 Million Users. WebProNews. In addition to these new statistics Facebook has said 58 million users log in exclusively on a tablet or mobile phone. These figures mark a 76 growth from the end of 2010 when Facebook had 245 mobile monthly active users.
Mobile commerce continues to grow Vomo
Mobile commerce continues to grow. Vomo. Mobile Commerce is most certainly climbing up the ranks and according to statistics roughly 30 of mobile phone users now and 27 minutes per day using their devices. This company compiled an insanely detailed list which points out the future of the mobile marketing industry.
US Now Has More Than 100 Million Smartphone Users comScore Marketing Land
US Now Has More Than 100 Million Smartphone Users comScore. Marketing Land. Yesterday comScore released its monthly report on mobile market share among device makers and operating systems. There were no revelations or startling facts. Android and iOS continue their gains while others lag or are in decline.
Lets face it, Mobile phones and Smartphones are becoming a personal device that many people in the US & around the world will use on a daily basis. Most likely they will have their mobile phone Turned On and within Reach 24/7. The facts about mobile users are real and user will be growing every day. The best way to grow your local business is to get in front of them with your own mobile friendly website.
Contact Us if you want to learn more about how we can help you with your mobile marketing website.